Anatomy for Artists
Anatomy for Artists
Anatomy for Artists presents an extensive visual reference guide to the human form for artists of all abilities and mediums. Over 240 specially commissioned photographs capture every detail, from muscle definition and bony landmarks to a valuable catalogue of postures and poses. Every photograph is overlaid with musculature, planar, and contour diagrams drawn by figurative fine artist and illustrator Charlie Pickard to deepen your comprehension. The illuminating introduction by expert and teacher Jahirul Amin results in a thorough understanding of the subject and how it relates to your work. Detailed diagrams reveal the inner workings of the joints and muscles, and how their shape and movement affect what you see on the surface, and ultimately in your art.
Take a look inside
More about this
Anatomy for Artists is an extensive compendium of high-quality, detailed photography and drawings, showing the human figure in a variety of shapes, sizes and poses – to be used as a solid foundation for all character art.
This thorough and detailed library of visual resources consists of stunning photography and comprehensive drawings showing the muscular structure of figures of varying body types. The male and female references provide an invaluable starting point when you're creating art based on the human figure.
Whether you’re an illustrator, a traditional sculptor, an oil painter, a 3D digital artist, or animator, the resources within this book will help you improve the quality and accuracy of your art.
• Written and illustrated by experts in the field of anatomy for artists
• Over 240 specially commissioned, color photographs of the body, head, and face
• Detailed overlays show the musculature and contours of the human form
• Thorough introduction to anatomy fundamentals and terminology for artists
• Exploration of body types and other variables that affect the human form
• Library of poses informs artistic applications, with classical and creative variations
PLEASE NOTE: THIS BOOK CONTAINS NUDITY
Hardback 304 pages
Dimensions: 320mm x 260mm
Paper quality: Full-color premium paper pages
Contents and contributors
History of anatomy
The anatomical position
The skeleton and the bony landmarks
Muscles and tendons
Proportion and symmetry
The skin: fat and wrinkles
Sex and age
VISUAL REFERENCE LIBRARY
Body types and posture
Classical standing poses
Dynamic action poses
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.