Wizard’s Academy is a cooperative board game in which you play as apprentice wizards during a magical emergency. The wizard who owns the academy is missing, along with all of your teachers; it’s down to you and the other students. You have a lot going for you: The infinite power of magic allows you to summon, dismiss, move, adjust, switch or empower any aspect of the game. Only one thing stands in your way: None of you have the faintest clue what any of your spells actually do.
• Trial by fire. Experiment to find out what you can do. Try to work out how to use your power before you’re destroyed by the consequences of using it carelessly.
• Millions of possible spellbook layouts, with different powers every game.
• Face over a dozen threats including imps, fires, floods, hauntings and demons.
• Threats that combat each other! Don’t have a spell to put out that fire? Just open a hole to the water dimension instead.
• Colourful characters. Each associated with a collection of spells that have different effects when cast by them.
• Fair play mechanics. Disasters are drawn a round in advance to give you time to prepare, rather than being blindsided by the RNG.
• Scenarios change the objective of the game and add unique rules. Survive a monstrous invasion. Reverse an unwanted bodyswap. Form the student society for the preservation of imps. Summon and control a demon. Pin uncooperative rooms in place. Stop a raging fire thawing frozen demons. Fight your own spellbook. And more!
"I also really liked how the scenarios aren't really linear, there are a lot of different ways to approach the same problem." - Cardboard Vault
"The real clever mechanic here, and the one that's really going to set Wizard's Academy apart, is the spells." - Polyhedron Collider
"The game is approachable, fun, and most importantly, satisfying." - PurplePawn